Visitor Visas

There are three visas that you can apply for online to visit Australia for tourism or business visitor activities:

  • Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)
  • eVisitor (subclass 651)
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600).

Tourism includes holidays, recreation and seeing family and or friends.

Business visitor activities may include attending a conference, negotiation or an exploratory business visit.

If you intend to visit for medical treatment or to transit through Australia, you should not apply for a Visitor visa.

If you intend to visit for medical treatment you will need to apply for Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602).

Visitor visa (subclass 600)

This visa lets you visit Australia:

  • to visit or for business visitor purposes
  • for up to three, six or 12 months.
  • The base application charge for this visa ranges from AUD135 to AUD340.

If you hold a certain passport, you might be able to apply for a free or cheaper visa.The eVisitor (subclass 651) visa is free. You must be a passport holder of a certain country.

The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa has an AUD20 service charge. You must be a passport holder of a certain country.


You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:

  • as a visitor
  • for business visitor activities
  • to visit family
  • on a tour with a registered travel agent from the People‚Äôs Republic of China.
  • If you are in Australia you can apply for the Tourist stream of the Visitor visa online provided you currently have a valid visa that does not have condition 8503 imposed.
  • If you are outside Australia only certain passport holders can
Regular Updates, Join our mailing list

Brian, CEO and Managing Director

Level 2, Suite 206-210,
227 Collins St, Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Mobile No : 0414 907705
Email :